The last 5 months I've been telling to people, that I'm gonna start my sailing trip to Canary Islands in the beginning of June. That would give me 2 months to get there. There would not be any hurry or tight schedule if I wouldn't wanna come back to Finland and start my job in August.
Now it's almost 2 weeks in to June and I'm still here. I'm not super happy about it. I knew that I had a lot of stuff to fix, add and invent before my boat would be ready for the journey. I calculated that I could do all that and get ready in the end of May but ONLY if everything would work. I didn't prepare for all the problems that have arisen.
To make this short: I will not have the time to get to the Canary Islands this summer. I might have the time to sail half way - France, Spain maybe. But ONLY if I solve all the problems and gain my trust back for my boat.
|This used to hold one of my 150amp mane fuse...|
I measured 145 degrees Celsius(290F) in the motor after I got back from an hour long test drive... :/
Now I don't trust my motor until I can do more tests and it's gonna take some time. I hope I get everything back in shape in the end on June. Then I could start my trip to south. I hope so...